- ESSENCE CREOLE SEASONING:
- 3/4 pound cooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled, deveined raw large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Essence seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 hot links, or smoked turkey sausages, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat in a large saute pan. Season the shrimp with 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Place the shrimp in the pan and saute until almost done. Don’t overcook, as they’ll continue to cook when you add them to the sauce. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
Place the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the saute pan and onions and bell peppers. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the sausage and cook another minute.
Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken stock to the pan and scrape with a spoon to remove any browned bits that have formed in the bottom of the pan, about 30 seconds.
Add the thyme, 1 tablespoon of Essence and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the heavy cream to the pan and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Return the shrimp to the pan and pasta to the pan. Continue to cook the sauce and pasta, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the basil and Parmesan.
To make the Essence Seasoning, just mix all of the ingredients and store in an airtight container.