1 (18.25 oz.) box of cake mix (any flavor you prefer) *See Notes on Size of Cake Mixes
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip (any variety you prefer) – thawed
Preheat oven to 350°F
In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix powder, the Cool Whip, and egg.
Mix the ingredients until combined.
Form into balls.
Roll in confectioners’ sugar.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool in pan for 5 minutes, transfer to cooling rack.
Important Cake Mix Details:
- You will only use the powder cake mix. Do not mix in the additional ingredients you would use if making a cake.
- Boxes of cake mix vary and while the old standard was 18.25 oz. those are harder to find since companies began making 16.5 oz. and 15.25 oz. mixes. Who knows why this occurred, but don’t worry if you cannot find a mix that is 18.25 oz.; there are two options, but one is an easy fix!
- Since this recipe calls for an 18.25 oz. box of cake mix, you will either need to add additional cake mix from a second box or add all-purpose flour to the cake mix to create an 18.25 oz. dry mix for the cookies to turn out properly.
- If you have a box that is less than 18.25 oz., add the following amounts of extra cake mix or all-purpose flour – flour is the easiest fix.
- 15.25 oz. box of cake mix – add 11 Tbsp. of cake mix or all-purpose flour to the cake mix powder plus ¼ tsp. baking soda.
- 16.5 oz. box of cake mix – add 6 Tbsp. of cake mix or all-purpose flour to the cake mix powder.