I baked about 100 dozen cookies for the holidays and these were everyone’s favorite!! These bars can be frozen, just thaw 10 minutes before serving. Full credit to allrecipes
These Oat bars were like a more chocolate-y and delicious granola bar, which means they were loved by all. Layers of oat and chocolate all topped off with a drizzle of even more chocolate made up this yummy treat. The best part? NO BAKING involved!! Not only are these perfect for summer time, but they’re great all year long and can give you the feel of a delicious baked chocolate and oat treat without actually having to bake them!
How to make it?
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Grease a 9×9 inch square pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.