This is a delicious, tomato, cheese, and vegetable casserole. It consists of pasta and corn kernels; ground beef, which is fried with bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounces) package penne pasta
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
HOW TO MAKE SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE?
Add oil to a preheated skillet, add ground beef and fry over medium heat until golden brown.
Add diced red and green bell peppers, chopped onion, and garlic, stir and cook for 5-7 minutes until crumbly.
Add ketchup, tomatoes, mustard, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and stir. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
Boil corn and pasta in boiling water. This can be done in one or two different pots. Drain the water.
Add the drained corn, pasta, and grated cheese to the skillet and stir.
Place everything in a baking dish (9×13 “) and bake in preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes.