- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup milk, cold
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter (cold or frozen)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces blueberries, fresh or dried
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½teaspoon lemon juice
How To Make Sweet Blueberry Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. In a large, bowl add and mix the salt, sugar, flour and baking powder. Add cold milk and blueberries to the dry ingredients and mix. (Before you start baking your biscuits, you need to put one stick of butter in your freezer for roughly one hour.) Remove the butter from your freezer and break it into chunks. Spread the frozen powdered chunks evenly over your biscuit dough. Fold the blueberry biscuit dough and knead.
- Repeat this until all the frozen butter chunks are spread evenly throughout the dough. Place or do on a floured surface and roll in about 1/4 to 1/8 inches thick. Using a biscuit cutter cut approximately 6 biscuits from the dough. Bake your biscuits for approximately 7 to 12 min.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in your microwave and gently paint on top of the hot biscuits.
- Mix together and stir with honey for the glaze and drizzle over the biscuits