Looking for quick and easy dinner recipes for the family? This is the BEST easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe made with simple and cheap ingredients! The sauce is made with just a seasoning packet and tomato soup, taking out all of the hassle. Even your picky eaters will love this declicious dinner recipe. It’s hearty, comforting and serves a large family.Course: Main CourseKeyword: best, casserole, cheap, easy dinner, family meal, ground beef, make ahead, quick, shepherds pie, simple
- 1/2 (13oz) box of mashed potatoes (plus the ingredients required to make them on the box– butter, milk & salt)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12oz) bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (10.75oz) can tomato soup
- 1 (1.5oz) packet of beef stew seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes according to the package directions (about half of a 13 ounce box; more if you like a lot of potatoes or are feeding a large family).
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef on medium heat in a large skillet; drain any excess grease.
- Add the can of tomato soup, frozen mixed veggies, beef stew seasoning mix and 1/2 cup of water to the browned beef; stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Spread the ground beef mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish, evenly spread the prepared mashed potoates over top, and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Any mashed potatoes can be used for this recipe (boxed, homemade, leftover, store-bought, etc.). In fact, the pre-made mashed potatoes you can buy in the deli section of most grocery stores would be even easier. If you’re making them from scratch, you will need about 4 large russet potatoes.
- If your family likes onion, feel free to sauté a chopped onion in your pan before adding the ground beef for additional flavor. Fresh garlic is good, too!